In this session of the Drummer’s Resource Podcast I talked to my good buddy Johnny Rabb, who is best known for his work with Bio Diesel and Collective Soul as well as being a staple at clinics and drum conventions all over the world. As an innovator in the “acoustic / electronic” style of drumming, Johnny was a product specialist for he Roland V Drums and has developed a line of effects cymbals (Gen-X) with Meinl Percussion.
“Learn everything there is to know about music then forget all of it and just play.” – From the music industry (Tweet this)
In this episode we talked about:
- How Johnny got started with drumming
- His rise to notoriety
- The development of his “Freehand Technique”
- Clinics, touring and working with Roland
- The story behind Johnny Rabb Drumsticks
- The development of his Gen-X Cymbal line with Mienl
- How he landed the Collective Soul gig
- The current state of the music business
- And a LOT more!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
WANT TO GET THE PODCASTS EARLIER? SIGN UP FOR THE VIP LIST AND RECEIVE