Bob Gullotti was forever leaving his mark and pushing what’s possible as one of the founding members of The Fringe and worldwide tours with Eddie Henderson, J.J. Johnson, Joe Lovano, and John Patitucci.
Over the past seven years, Bob taught at Berklee School of Music to teach the next generation of drummers about practice efficiency and how to develop focus and discipline in their playing and everyday life. Bob was also noted for being a long time student of Alan Dawson and he regularly draws on Alan’s teachings to keep his legacy alive and to continue to spread Alan’s word.
Sadly, Bob passed away on January 25, 2020, at his home in Massachusetts. He was 70 years old.
“He taught me a lot. On so many levels. “Truly infinitely creative and supportive and always limit pushing.”John Medeski
Bob Gullotti talks about:
- How he got started playing
- Playing professionally at the age of 15
- Studying with Alan Dawson
- His approach to teaching
- Advice for getting the most out of your practice routine
- How he got to know the band Phish and a subsequent surprise performance with them
- Much more