In this podcast I sit sit down and chat with mega-producer, engineer, writer and now…educator. Ken has amassed an amazing amount of success, including: 13 Grammy Winners (42 total nominations), 76 Gold and 78 Platinum albums & singles, and 60 #1’s. Ken regularly works on Platinum, #1, and Grammy winning projects as a Producer, Mixer, Songwriter, Arranger, Multi-instrumentalist, Vocalist, and Engineer. Ken’s list of clients is as impressive as his credits, reading like a “who’s who” list of modern music: Kanye West, Jay Z, J. Cole, Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys, Ariana Grande, Drake, Fun., Eminem, 50 Cent, Jeremih, 2 Chainz, Mariah Carey, John Legend, Lenny Kravitz, Rick Ross, David Byrne, Lana Del Rey, and many more.
In addition to his work in the studio, Ken also runs Audio School Online, a website where you can learn all of his mixing, editing, and producing secrets. In July of 2015, Ken further extended his love for teaching by launching Music School Online dedicated to teaching musicians of every skill level a miltitude of instruments ranging from drums, bass, and guitar, to piano, voice and even “kids specific” lessons. What makes Music School Online so unique is that the lessons are taught by multi-platunum and Grammy award winning musicians who all have recent credits on major label releases.
“The journey is the reward.” – Steve Jobs (Tweet this)
In this podcast Ken Lewis talks about:
- His background (no, it’s not in music)
- How he got started in music
- His “major label” debut
- Advice for up and coming musicians and producers/engineers
- The biggest mistakes he sees younger, aspiring producers make
- The best ways to network and get yourself “out there”
- The launch of Audio School Online and Music School Online
- Much much more
Resources and Links Mentioned:
- Contact Ken Lewis: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- Music School Online | Facebook
- Audio School Online | Facebook