In this episode, Daniel looks back to 2008, and the raucous and eventful few weeks he spent working with Gene Simmons on a three-episode arc of the “Family Jewels” reality show. The experience included a recording at A&M studios and a wild live concert in Las Vegas.
What’s covered in this session:
- Highlights of Daniel’s experience , including
- What was Gene like? Did the real person match up with the infamous persona?
- A look at Gene’s musical influences (they’re not what you might think).
- Initial meetings in Gene’s monstrous “office.”
- Rehearsals and recording with Gene at the legendary A&M Studios.
- The incendiary voicemail left by Gene on Daniel’s phone (“I’ve worked with Led Zeppelin!”).
- The flight to Vegas (an inside look at Gene Simmons, master media manipulator)
- The gig itself (and the “unreality” of reality shows).
- Meeting Carrot Top (comedian or cyborg?).