In this episode, Daniel talks with guitarist, engineer and television composer Rich Tozzoli about their work recording music cues for various reality television series.
What’s covered in this session:
- Rich’s early years as a pioneer in the world of digital recording, working as a Pro Tools engineer with artists like Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Al DiMeola.
- How Rich transitioned into creating music for television shows.
- Daniel and Rich discuss the intricacies and challenges involved in creating music for reality television.
- Daniel and Rich focus on several specific music cues and discuss the process used to create them.
- Rich Tozzoli’s official website.
- The Club House Studio, which has recently recorded premier artists ranging from Bob Weir (Grateful Dead) to Shawn Mendes to the Lumineers.
- Watch Daniel record “Ginormous” with Rich Tozzoli at the Clubhouse Studio in Rhinebeck, NY.
- Watch Daniel record “Super Stink” with Rich Tozzoli at the Clubhouse Studio in Rhinebeck, NY.