In this session, Daniel chats with his long time pal and colleague Anthony Citrinite, Director of the Drummers Collective in New York City, and the creator of MeetHook, a new app for musicians that just might revolutionize the teaching and mentorship process.
Anthony Citrinite talks about:
- Growing up in Utica, NY, being drawn to music from an early age, and learning all about the music business from his booking agent father.
- Developing a passion for entrepreneurship from his many relatives who ran their own successful businesses.
- Coming to study at the Drummers Collective as a wide-eyed 18-yr, and learning the ropes in New York City.
- The history of The Collective School of Music, which has been a unique fixture in NYC for more than four decades.
- How he worked his way up through the ranks to eventually become Director of the Collective.
- His new app, MeetHook, which allows aspiring performers to connect with the world’s top teachers, mentors and professionals for one-on-one sessions.
- His own unique career as a performing drummer, including a brief stint with the legendary rock band Boston.
- Anthony’s current project, Embers Only, combines the sound of Rage Against the Machine and Linkin Park. The band releases a new video on its YouTube channel each month.
- More info about Drummers Collective and The Collective School of Music in NYC.
- Learn more about and download the MeetHook Application. It can be used on desktop, tablet or phone and with all major operating systems.
- Anthony performing the Star Spangled Banner with Boston at the 2002 Fiesta Bowl in Tempe, AZ.
- Here’s the YouTube Channel for Embers Only, Anthony’s current musical project