526 – The other 75% of the puzzle

For the most part, we all know what needs to be done to become a great player: Learn the basics, get a teacher, practice, practice and practice some more.

Get a teacher. It’ll change how you look at the instrument, how you think about playing and give you a new point of view.

Roy Burns

But that’s only 25% of the equation. If you want to have any sort of career as a player, you need to figure out the other 75% of the puzzle. (Side note: When I use the word “career” that applies to YOU… whether you’re playing full-time, part-time, one gig a year or anything in between – it doesn’t matter)

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.