In this podcast, Daniel addresses a common musician complaint – it’s hard to set aside enough time to practice. His solution: Turn the world into your practice room!
What’s covered in this session:
- Solution 1: Keep a pair of sticks everywhere.
- Solution 2: Carry a book with you.
- Solution 3: The Art of Tapping
- Solution 4: Practice while you walk
- Solution 5: TV Practice and Dashboard Practice
- Solution 6: Connect with the world’s natural rhythms.
- Daniel’s instructional video about “stick on stick” tricks. You can work on your stick tricks while walking – outside the practice room.
- Vic Firth “Universal Practice Tips” – These attach to any stick and allow you to practice on any hard surface.
- Find the rhythms in world around you, #1: Washing machine
- Find the rhythms in world around you, #2: Tractor
- Ted Talk – “How to practice effectively…for just about anything“