In this session I talked the the legendary Harold Jones who is best known for his work with the Count Basie Orchestra and has also performed with legends such as Ray Charles, Tony Bennett, Benny Goodman, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., B.B. King, Jimmy Smith and the list goes on and on…..
“You can’t fake passion.” – Barbara Corcoran (Tweet this)
This interview is AMAZING as Harold tells all about his work with Count Basie, Tony Bennett and his storied career though the music business as a first-call drummer. You don’t want to miss this interview.
In this session you’ll hear about:
- The classic story of how Harold started playing drums…by accident!
- The Count Basie Orchestra gig
- Stories from the road
- The importance of reading and expanding your scope of music
- Advice for beginner, intermediate and advanced drummers
- Why you need to find a teacher
- His opinion of newer drummers
- Much much much more!
Resources and Link mentioned:
- Harold’s website
- Count Basie
- Tony Bennett
- Jimmy Smith
- Nancy Wilson
- Sarah Vaugn
- Watch Harold on YouTube
- Harold’s Book: The Singers Drummers