You can say that Vinnie Amicio was at the right place at the right time and you’d be half-right. When Amico, who’s been a member of the band moe. since 1996, was originally asked to join the band, he declined. The band was just getting it footing and couldn’t provide a stable income for Amico and his new family. It wasn’t until 1996 that Amico decided to join the band and the rest, as they say, is history.
Vinnie Amico talks about:
- Starting on drums as the son of a jazz musician in Upstate NY
- Getting the gig with moe.
- Why moe. wasn’t negatively affected by the advent of music streaming
- How he gradually switched from being an amateur to a professional drummer
- Constantly playing live as a way to become a great drummer instead of just practicing
- His approach to improvising
- The pros and cons of the current state of the music industry
- Bringing style to moe. while respecting the original drum parts
- Juggling a heavy touring schedule and being a family man
- How moe. have kept a consistent fanbase for almost 30 years
- Moe’s own festivals: moe.down and snoe.down
- What the future holds for moe.
- Much more
Resources / Links / People mentioned:
- Contact Vinnie Amico: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Follow moe. : Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter