Southern Louisiana native Doug Belote grew up immersed in cajun country and listening to the sounds of Jazz, Rock, Cajon, Dixieland, Zydeco, and second line. Drawing inspiration from the sounds of the south, Belote developed not only his own unique, “between the cracks” feel but also an impressive resume having worked with Mike Gordon,Jeff Coffin, George Porter Jr., Willie Nelson, Sonny Landreth, Henry Butler, Delfeayo Marsalis, Anders Osborne, Cyril Neville, Ivan Neville, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, Allen Toussaint, Fred Wesley, Steve Masakowski and many other artists.
Belote currently lives in New Orleans and tours with 12-time Grammy winner Jerry Douglas.
Doug Belote talks about:
- The effect of Hurricane Katrina in the New Orleans music scene
- Today’s New Orleans’ music scene and its up & coming drummers
- Learning New Orleans music with Johnny Vidacovich
- Networking and getting gigs in New Orleans and Nashville
- His upcoming documentary on New Orleans drumming: “The Street Beat – Drumming Below Sea Level”
- Much more