In this podcast, Daniel recounts one very crazy week in the year 1996, when his band Royal Crown Revue managed to share the stage with both KISS and Neil Diamond.
What’s covered in this session:
- Gain insight into the unexpected and often surreal life of a touring musician.
- Learn the story of Royal Crown Revue, Daniel’s band of more than 20 years, and the group that started the “Retro-Swing” phenomenon in the 1990s.
- The unlikely turn of events that led an up and coming swing band to become aligned with the biggest rock tour in the world.
- Complete itinerary and description of the KISS Alive/Worldwide Tour of 1996/97.
- Royal Crown Revue, looking tough as nails in this publicity shot for Warner Brothers. Taken in 1995, a year before the events of this podcast unfolded.
- Royal Crown Revue, live and in “full effect” on a Comedy Central Special around 1997.
- The show itinerary posted outside our dressing room door when we opened for KISS in Omaha, Nebraska. We felt a little bit like gladiators being thrown to the lions.
- For much of 1995 and 1996, Royal Crown Revue toured in a 40 ft. Bounder like this one. We managed to pack 7 musicians, 2 crew, all our gear, two months of merchandise, a closet bursting with vintage suits, a full set of weights and a 10-speed bicycle into a vehicle with an intended capacity of five adults. Ha!