In this session, Daniel continues his in-depth exploration of grip, breaking down each three of the primary grips (German, French and Traditional), sharing their origins, and showing exercises to develop each one.
What’s covered in this session:
- A deeper look at the evolution and tradition of each of the three primary grips.
- Where they come from.
- How they evolved the way they did.
- How they are used in a practical setting.
- The three basic components found in each of these grips:
- The grip point itself (how we actually hold the stick).
- The fulcrum (or balance point).
- Hinge point or points on the body that do the actual moving in order to power the stick.
- Difficulties and misconceptions that drummers typically have with each grip, and why that is the case.
- A demonstration of how to use each grip with Daniel’s patented “Throw-Up” exercise.