http://www.drummersresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/DGS.png 267 720 Daniel Glass http://www.drummersresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/DR-Logo-White.png Daniel Glass2017-11-22 03:00:342017-11-21 10:34:26332 - [Daniel Glass Show]: The Importance of Form
In this session, Daniel makes a strong case for the importance of fundamental concepts like posture, grip, and playing on a practice pad.
What’s covered in this session:
- An exploration of the “Master-Apprentice” relationship, and how it has played a role in the development of drumming over many generations.
- How the explosive popularity of rock’n’roll in the 1960s led to a loss of that relationship.
- Defining the term “Form,” learning why drummers who understand it “speak” more clearly than their peers.
- Understanding key terms: “Clarity,” Consistency” and “Articulation”.
- Posture – understanding how control of the pelvis can change the feel of our groove.
- How playing on a practice pad can teach you more about sound.
- Why grips make a difference.
- A few cool quotes about the concept of “form”:
- An interesting article about form as it relates to athletes and dancers:
- An understanding of form helps great drummers like Steve Gadd play basic grooves that can be understood at a whole new level.
- Daniel demonstrates a pelvic warmup that helps you to get in touch with how you move around the set.